Sunday, October 21, 2007

Halloween Costumes

Our Ward party was early this year, so I had to have costumes done early too. I did it!! Yay, now I don't have to stay up super late the night before Halloween sewing!
Evey looks great this year, we're loving the Harry Potter books and she wishes she could really do magic like Hermione. I was quite crafty with this one, I'm proud of myself! All of the wands at the stores look really crappy, not real. So I went out and cut a branch from a tree and whittled it and then wrapped it with a grape vine and then painted it. It looks really good! I wanted to make the time turner too, but I'm just not that skilled, well enough to make it look good. So we found one from the bookstore. Evey's hair is perfect too. I think she really felt the part!




Paris decided she wanted to be Jasmine and her hair is perfect for that too, so we did Jasmine. The earrings and necklace were the hardest part believe it or not.






And Lex wanted Spiderman. I couldn't find any fabric that looked just right and I didn't want to paint webs on plain red, it would look tacky, so I bought a bigger kids outfit (the baby and little kid spiderman costumes looked funny) and altered it. Jon was a Jedi again and I was a witch (original I know! Didn't have time for me this year)

0 Pennies for your thoughts: