Friday, December 26, 2008

We wish you a Merry Christmas!

On Christmas eve we had friends come in from Las Vegas. Mike is a long time friend from school. I've known him FOREVER and he and Jon were each others Best Man. Hannah saved me and finished the cookies. This is really the first year we were without one of our families for Christmas, so it didn't run as smoothly as we would have liked, as we figured out what we wanted to make our own traditions.  
We had my family's traditional mexican food for dinner. And then decorated sugar cookies for Santa.


 
We played our Christmas chimes, which is always so fun.



 The rest was a little unorganized. Evey wanted to act out the Nativity scene, but that didn't work out right. Jon wanted to sing around the piano, but little ones started getting super tired, so we set out some cookies and put the little ones to bed...


In the morning, Evey was so excited she couldn't stand it, but she waited without peeking until 7 to come wake us up.  They opened stockings first, and got a ton of loot.


Then they moved on to the presents. I think everyone got what they wanted.





This has been my project for the past little while. Jon and I made Paris a theater/puppet theater with a ticket booth, snack stand, and a dressing room. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. She loved it, and so did Lex and Evey. I think they will have a lot of fun doing all of the different things!
The bottom half comes off for a regular theater.


Let's get glamorous!

What can I get for you?

How many tickets would you like?
Paris' watch
Lex's plane-trains
You have the right to remain silent!
Evey loves board games and anything for her iPod. She got an iHome
Everybody had fun with their stuff all day. I was in the kitchen for most of the day cooking for our yummy Christmas dinner. Grandmommy would be proud of my table.





0 Pennies for your thoughts: