Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Massive

Jon's parents own and breed English Mastiffs. They are
gi-normous dogs, but so sweet. At one time I think they
had 7 (correct me if I'm wrong grandpa) I have always been
an animal person, so it was never hard for me to feel
comfortable with them. Each one of our kids has loved them
too, which is good. We're glad they don't feel intimidated by animals.

In the past kids have cried if a dog takes their toy....
or in Winter's case thinks she IS the toy!

She had to be rescued a few times. They really liked her for
a squeeky toy.

But they are very well behaved and cuddly. If you let them
they will sit on your lap. This is not easy sometimes as some
of them are over 200 pounds.

How can you not love a face like that?


This is Moose. He is 220 lbs, and when his head is
held high he can see over Lex.

When we got home, Lex asked what had
happened to Orion and why he had gotten smaller.
It was a little weird seeing a dog run up to me and his
face only reaching my waist rather than my chest.

0 Pennies for your thoughts: