Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Watkins Glen

So my experiment didn't really work, as I'm sure some of
you noticed. The video fit our 24" desktop, but when I
looked at it on the 15" laptop only half of the video was
visible. If you want to view it in Widescreen HD it is on
Youtube. Here is the link; Watkins Glen
There is a number on the lower right of the viewer,
probably 360p. If you want to view in HD
(and the little bubble doesn't pop up for you)
click on the number and go to 720p HD. For those of you
who don't want to bother with all of that, here is the same
video with reduced quality that fits Bloggers upload limit.


We were shocked that the cars were turning both left
AND right in Watkins Glen! (Boo Nascar)
The gorge it beautiful! The trail is about 2 miles long
and rises over 400 feet in that distance and had, I think,
19 waterfalls. A lot of stairs! We got about 3/4 of the way
to the end of the trail before turning back because we
needed to get Great Grandma her medicine.

I took over 400 pictures! I decided that that is just too
much to make you look at, so I did a large amount of
narrowing and still thought it was too much to post them all,
so I put them in a slide show for more pleasurable viewing.
But I thought I should post just a few for those who want to
grab them off the site for your own albums. Let me know if
you want any others out of the slideshow.

I know, I'm never in any of the pictures, but do you really
need proof that I was there? I think not, I hate being in
front of the camera, that's why I take the pictures!

This is one of my favorite pictures!! Who says old people
can't be silly?! I'm kidding, They're not so old...compared
to dinosaurs! Giggle! No, really It is funny because this
reminds me so much of Jon. If I had a nickel for every time
Jon did something like this...I think our great-grandchildren
would never have to work a day in their lives!!




After the gorge we made a Pit Stop (haha...Boo Nascar!) at
Walmart and then drove the length of Seneca Lake
(a finger lake) back home and had some most excellent
Grandpa Lindsey recipe Ribs!

0 Pennies for your thoughts: