Monday, June 20, 2011

Redo Part 1

It has taken me FOR-EV-ER to finish the kids rooms. We started in March with the construction, and it was done pretty fast, but it has taken me so long to paint everything that needs to be painted. I'm still not totally done with the other room. But I am telling myself it has to be done before I start making anything baby. So it gives me a deadline....
Anyway, what used to be Lex's room -and never really got "finished" when we moved in- turned in to Evey's room and soon she will share with her littlest brother. So really this room still isn't complete either.









My dad is the original mastermind behind this bed design. He built one for my brother once so he could fit all of his guitars and trap set in his small room. Jon is the mastermind behind the cubby stairs. And I contributed with the desk design. And Jon is the lone (plus 4 little helpers) carpenter for this whole room overhaul. He has built things before, but has never really taken on this kind of project by himself. He took much care and pride in building everything so that it looks fabulous and is sturdy. I am super proud of him!! And the kids absolutely love their new beds and rooms.
(pics of the other room to come in near future...really really!)

Photobucket

5 Pennies for your thoughts:

Heather Buell said...

Seriously awesome Amy! I love the beds and the cubby stairs!!

Drea said...

I love her bed set-up! That's such a great use of space! Jon did an awesome job!

mysti.young00 said...

This is awesome.. what a good idea!!! How much weight do you think these stairs would hold? I'm wanting to do this for my 5 year old.. but not wanting to change it until she is at least a teenager!

Unknown said...

How did you make the storage bin stairs?

Denise said...

Hello, I just want to say "brilliant". I have been looking for a loft bed with a minimal amount of legs. I am looking to build a queen size. May I ask, how did you attach the bed to the ceiling and walls?