Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Time is Here

We   ove decorating for Christmas.  There has been some controversey in years past about what lights go on the tree. I am all about little white lights. They are so elegant and they make ornaments sparkle and catch the light. Jon would like to have colored lights, they are what he grew up with and he loves the color that they bring in to the house. Personally, I think they look like a rainbow threw up on the tree, the ornaments are lost in the spew of multi colored vomit.(my apologies to those with weak stomachs or vulgar virgin ears)  Jon would argue that white lights are boring. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when we first got married, but after he started collecting Star Wars ornaments the dispute was quickly resolved. He could either have colored lights, or the ornaments. He chose the ornaments. I am VICTORIOUS!!  
I love watching the kids decorate and examine each ornament as they put them on the tree...... all in the same spot. 


Here's a few of our favorites.
 


What tree is complete without scantily clad princess Leia? Not ours! But there are nice white lights to make sure her huge.....eyes are visible!
We also have the star ritual which includes everyone getting a turn putting the star on the tree. Jon even lifts me up for my turn!... Ha,in my dreams, right?! Well, he is my Edward!



"Fah who for-aze Dah who dor-aze, Welcome Christmas! Come this way!"

I would like to collect nativity scenes. But, I am really picky about the ones that I like. Evey loves this one. It was given to her by one of my super sweet visiting teachers in Orem.  

All the stockings were hung by the, uh, console table with...okay not all, I'm trying to finish Lex's, the poor kid. Cross stitched stockings really do take a lot of time. I was really hoping to have Lex's done this year, but I just don't see that happening  after all. He'll be okay with a sub-stocking.




Now all I need is some snow!

0 Pennies for your thoughts: